Decision Maker: Lewes District Council Cabinet, Lewes District Council Full Council
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To seek Cabinet approval to progress the Lewes District Local Plan Part 2: Site Allocations and Development Management Policies through to its formal submission to the Secretary of State and to seek approval for the arrangements for the Local Plan Examination in Public process.
The Council considered the report of the Director of Regeneration and Planning regarding the representations received to the Pre-Submission Local Plan Part 2. Council approval was sought to formally submit the Local Plan Part 2 to the Secretary of State for examination.
Councillor Jones moved, and Councillor Merry seconded the motion that the recommendations contained in the report be approved.
The Leader of the Council, Councillor Smith and Cabinet member for Planning, Councillor Jones made a personal commitment to extend the consultation, detailed at resolutions two to four below, to all group leaders, on any minor modifications or editorial changes to the Plan that are made by the Director of Regeneration and Planning under delegated authority.
Councillors requested a named vote on the motion, in accordance with the council procedure rules.
For: Barnes, Bikson, Boorman, Catlin, Davy, Franklin, Gardiner, Giles, Harrison-Hicks, Jones, Linington, Maskell, Merry, Nicholson, Peterson, Sheppard, Smith, Turner (18)
Against: Amy, Botting, Carr, Chartier, Denis, Elliott, Gauntlett, Honeyman, Ient, Lambert, Murray, Neave, O’Keeffe, Osborne, Robertson, Rowell, Saunders (17)
Abstentions: Carter (1)
Resolved (By 18 votes to 17, with 1 abstention):
(1) To approve the submission of the Local Plan Part 2 to the Secretary of State under Regulation 22 of the Town & Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations for examination, along with the other submission documents required by the regulations as referred to in Paragraphs 7.2 and 7.3 of the report;
(2) To authorise the Director of Regeneration & Planning, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Planning, to make minor editorial changes to the Local Plan Part 2 prior to submission to the Secretary of State;
(3) To authorise the Director of Regeneration & Planning, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Planning, to prepare a schedule of minor modifications to the Local Plan Part 2 prior to submission to the Secretary of State;
(4) To authorise the Director of Regeneration and Planning, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Planning, to respond to issues arising during the examination and to agree any further or revised minor modifications to the Local Plan Part 2 during the examination process;
(5) To approve and publish a revised Local Development Scheme with effect from 26 November 2018.
Reasons for decisions:
To ensure that the Local Plan Part 2 is progressed towards adoption in a timely manner, thereby supporting the implementation and delivery of the Local Plan Part 1: Joint Core Strategy through the allocation of additional development sites and up-to-date planning policies to assist in the determination of planning applications.
(N.B. Councillor Barnes withdrew for the remainder of the meeting following this item.)
Publication date: 06/12/2018
Date of decision: 26/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 26/11/2018 - Lewes District Council Full Council